HOW WE CAN ASSIST YOU
Flying Nurses International will customize a travel plan to meet your specific needs. We make every attempt to contain costs and offer you an alternative option to air ambulance services.
HOW WE ARE PAID FOR OUR SERVICES
WHAT YOU CAN ANTICIPATE FOR THE COST OF A COMMERCIAL TRANSPORT
- Private individuals must arrange payment in advance of departure due to the number of expenses that are required to be financially secured pre-flight.
- Organizations must agree to a pre-authorization agreement of services with the full amount due upon completion of services.
We will provide you with an Itemization of Costs and Travel Itinerary. The Itemization will include:
- Nursing Transport fee: Our daily service fee listing Domestic vs. Int'l rates.
- Patient and RN airfare: First/business class with the patient, economy class when not with the patient. Refundable vs. non-refundable ticket options. Discounts are available for certain destinations and airlines. Itineraries are evaluated for direct routes, layover time frames, arrival time based on receiving facility request, aircraft configuration, seat size, oxygen requirements and price.
- Ground departure and arrival: Vehicles used are commercial sedan or limo, a wheelchair van, which includes non-emergent stretchers, and BLS ambulance.
- Layover Assistance: We arrange for layover oxygen vendors. Airlines do not offer oxygen during layovers. Ground service vendors are needed to assist with full mobility transfers to connecting flights. The airline crew will not fully lift or move medical passengers. An exception is wheelchair service. We provide assistance with international travel documents.
- Airline Oxygen Fee: For airline in-flight oxygen and portable oxygen concentrators.
- Medical Equipment Fee: Battery operated suction machines, ventilators, and electric wheelchairs.
- Lodging accommodations: The RN is placed at an airport location or near discharging and receiving facilities.
- RN per diem allowance: Per diem allowance is for meals, parking, and taxis.
- Grand Total: All known fees for requested itinerary.
YOU CAN ANTICIPATE A GENERAL RANGE INCLUSIVE OF PATIENT AND RN TRAVEL AND EXPENSES
Airfare is the largest factor that will influence the range of fees. Time of year for travel, advance purchase, destinations and options for air carriers will influence this cost.
- Mainland US and Canada: Coast to Coast $6-8000, within regions $4-6000
Hawaii to Mainland: West Coast $5-7000, Central US $6-8000, East Coast $7-10,000
International Transports: $14-18000
CONTACT US FOR A PRELIMINARY QUOTE FOR SERVICES
Our goal is to help you make an informed, comfortable decision in assisting your patient or family member during this difficult time. We are happy to work up a preliminary quote for you. The quote will be subject to change until airfare is secured and ground arrangements scheduled. You will be informed of any changes and a Final Itemization of Costs will be provided to you before payment is requested.